Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Results

We haven't heard the report from the leg xrays yet...



The appointment with the face/jaw dr. was an all day process that's why I didn't write until now. This morning he had me take off my rubberbands for 8 hours and return at 6pm for him to see how things lined up after a period of "freedom". He was pleased but not quite ready to let me go this week. He gave me some physical therapy to work on looseing my jaw so I can open it wider in preparation for EATING!! Yeah! He did think it was a good possibility that I could return to Ukarumpa on Wednesday the 27th of next week.

We were really hoping to return on Friday (22nd) of this week to cheer on Kayla and our other "kids" at Sports Days (Fri & Sat). Kacie will video and cheer for us since she is on the sidelines from her knee surgery and we'll be able to watch the races later. We are THRILLED, however, that it looks like we'll be able to be present for the annual "Banquet" (prom) that the girls will attend next Friday the 29th.

Thanks for praying and waiting with us. The dr. was sure about us waiting until next week and quite confident about us leaving next week too. God's timing is perfect. This "delay" will allow us a few more physical therapy visits too.

Continue to pray that my teeth would line up correctly and that I'd be able to stretch open my jaw and that my foot/leg would also heal and stretch to be able to walk properly. Also that our travel day, Lord willing, next Wednesday would go smoothly.

THANK YOU is not enough to say...but we appreciate you all so much and are grateful to the Lord for carrying us through to this point!! Love, Kim

3 comments:

  1. PTL that you'll get to be there for Banquet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome news! I am sure it will feel so good to be with the girls again! I am looking forward to seeing you all again this summer!
    Jen Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great news. I am excited for you. God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete